This knowledgebase article applies to users that want to activate a trial of a product but have difficulty doing so with their internet connection. This also would apply to users having difficulty receiving the trial activation email. In that case, if you have not already, please try using an alternate email address. Otherwise, continue with the steps below.
2 important things to note are, if you did not receive the trial activation email, this method will not work. Also, this method will not work if your activation dialog looks like this.
On the computer you wish to activate the trial of the product at, you will need to make sure your internet connection is disabled.
1. To do this, press the Windows key and the 'r' key at the same time to bring up the run dialog.
2. Type in ncpa.cpl and press enter
3. This will bring up the network connections window. Leave this window open as you will need to re-enable your connection later on.
- If you are on a wired network, right click on "Local Area Connection/Ethernet" and select "Disable."
- If you are on a wireless network, right click on "Wireless Area Network" and select "Disable."
4. Right click on the start button and choose 'Configure Start8'.
5. Click on 'Try Start8'
6. Enter in your email address and click next.
7 .You will see a box asking if you would like to obtain a trial activation code via webage. Click Yes.
8. Now, re-enable your internet connection.
9. Click the 'Obtain Code' button.
10. This will launch a webpage with the code you will need to paste into the box from the previous step
11. Paste in the code like this and then click 'OK'. This will activate the trial.
**** If this does not resolve the issue, please contact support: Submit a ticket ****