This is a general knowledgebase article for troubleshooting installation and in-game technical issues. Each game tile, however, has specific categories as well.
If your issues is related to gameplay, items in the game, or any other non-technical issue, please use their respective forums as your question has likely been addressed in existing posts:
Elemental, Fallen Enchantress, Legendary Heroes:
Forum: http://forums.stardock.com/forum/1006 (FE)
Sins of a Solar Empire (all):
Steam issues (all games):
-Check to see if there are any Opt-in patches for the game
Click the following link for instructions on how to opt-in to beta releases:
-Please ensure you are using the latest non-Beta driver from your graphics card manufacturer.
To check that your drivers are current, please use one of the links below for your video card:
For laptops, please note that you may have more than one video card (Intel + another brand) so be sure to update both if that is the case.
-Try deleting the game prefs:
Delete the prefs.ini file from the repective Stardock game folder located here and try to run the game again.
-Try removing the game entirely from Steam (if you have the Steam version) and reinstalling:
- Right click the game in question and select, Delete local content...:
- You will be prompted to delete the game(Dead Man's Draw is just an example):
- Then reinstall the game to see if that has fixed the issue you're having.
If you still have issues:
We would like to get any and all information for resolving your issue.
- What game and version you are needing help with.
- A concise description of your problem, including any error messages you receive.
- When the problem occurs (preferably with instructions on how to reproduce it if possible), as well as how often it happens.
- What steps (if any) you have already taken to rectify the issues.
- Names of maps, sizes, etc, are extremely helpful in our attempts to reproduce the issue.
- At what point in the game it crashes (turn number and \ or 'when I changed this setting to').
- (IMPORTANT) Any screenshots \ video clips that may help illustrate the issue are very helpful. Jing (free), can be used for this:
Also, please download and run the following utility:
This is a tool that we use to gather relevant log files and basic information about your computer. Once the utility finishes running, please send back the generated .zip file created on your desktop along with any images and \ or videos with a ticket created here:
Please be sure to select the correct game to properly route your ticket.